How do you find the right WAH group?

With over 500 WAH or business opportunity groups available on CafeMom, how do you choose which one will serve your needs?
I finally found a few that are more than just business card postings, but can not look into every group on a regular basis.
Which WAH group has been most helpful to advancing your career or getting you motivated and up and running?

DogsMom

Asked by DogsMom at 9:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Now, if you are looking for what business opp is going to be best for you here is a good way to narrow down the search. Ask yourself these questions about each company...

1.) Is this product/service something that is going to sell in mid-summer? Everything sells this time of year, but what about the rest of the time?
    2.) Can I afford the startup, overhead & other add one (catalogs, order forms, website fees)?
    3.) Is this a company that will support ME in the long term? What kind of long term income options are there?
    4.) How much commission is paid to me per sale? per recruit? and is there any bonuses or repeat income opp.?
    5.) Do I want to do parties, vendor/craft shows, and are they required?
    6.) What happens if I get sick? Do I loose my business because of quotas? Will I loose my income?
    7.) What type of training & support is provided?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Do you currently WAH? I work with a group called Internet CEO Moms. Internet CEO Moms has been teaming up and helping moms to own their own business and work right from home since 1999! We believe you should not have to choose between quality of like time with family and earning an income to secure your future.

Please visit http://www.internetceomoms.com/healthyproducts or call me directly at 781.228.1335.
    Best of luck to you. I know it is so frustrating and time-consuming. This is a good group - one of the better decisions I have made! Take a look and don't hesitate to call.
    smtmvt

Answer by smtmvt at 9:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Well, as a rule I will not join any WAH group that is solely for ads! I don't post ads unless I'm really board and that is never! And since I have a business, and I'm not looking for another, I don't want to view others ads. So, if there is no area set aside for things like coaching, advice or other business related topics, I do not join.

My group has been doing some changing, I have just added a section for 30 min. meals, tips on building, and I have a section where you can submit your ads for others to critique. Is there a place for ads? Yes, but the point is to help grow your business through support, not just to place ads and hope someone sees them.

I am one that believes that training & support are more important than 500 ads! Why? Because without the proper T&S you could talk to 1000 people and end up with NOTHING in the end! Therefore, I aim to help support and train, not just be another classifieds group!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Now, the questions listed here are just a few of the questions I would suggest, but some of the most important ones! Your main concern when starting a new business should be your income in 6 months or a year or 5 years, since you aren't ever going to come in and make the big money right away. But you need to be sure that there is "big money" to make.

Many companies have "residual" income for recruiting and training, but do not have it for their products/services. After working with both I can tell you that any time you are offered residual income for both ends, you'll make much more. You will also want to look at what happens if you can't work. With some companies you are required to meet a quota, when you can't you loose. Or if you have a large customer base and you take time off, they will go somewhere else and you still loose...

cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I can actually help you with all these things! Ameriplan offers a great service that is not only affordable but that people NEED! Everyone needs to save money right now. With our plans they are going to save huge money! As a business owner you earn not only when they purchase their plan, but ever month after as long as they stay with it! And with a 95% retention rate of members, there is a huge income waiting for you! You will also have the opportunity for bonuses and income from recruiting others that want to work at home. The overhead cost is low and includes just about everything. I am also running a special that will help you get started by including some new business materials (cards, leads & more) when you join my team. Plus, you get a membership to ALL our plans and more! There are no quotas and no parties or tables!

You can get all the details at www.ThisIsAP.com
    Let me know if you have questions!
    Sabrina

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Do you want to sell stuff, annoy people with SPAM or actually have a job that you can do from home?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• What I am asking is what WAH groups do you belong to on CafeMom that are more than just the posted business card ads. Sabrina answered so wonderfully with the fact that her group, (of which I am delighted to be a member,) offers suggestions and support. If I have a question about what have others done, or where would I find this information, other group members are happy to support, suggest and help. It is not just recruit and sell you my opportunity. I want to know which groups help moms find the right fit for themselves and celebrate each others successes.
    So- if your CM group is more than advertising, and helps moms work from home, I would love to know the name.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 10:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I think the few that started off as WAHM's supporting each other quickly become filled with too much spam, and those groups are 99.9% members spamming each other and no one honestly looking for tips and such. I had never found a decent group for just support.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2009