Update I Found A Family!!

So I posted last week looking for a family to help out, and I went through my childs class and found a family, Im so exited and cant wait to get started on this list!! It is very rewarding to help a family with small children at christmas, I suggest all who can to either get a angel off the tree or talk to your childs teacher to find a family to help. Have you ever needed help and goten it, how did that make you feel??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Holidays

• That's great that you can help with the economy the way it is. I've never helped directly but I do donate to salvation Army & Toys for Happiness every year.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:02 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I've never personally needed help, but every year our family adopted an Angel Tree family. My sister and I adopted a family this year. I loved going out and buying her clothes. I only wish my budget was bigger, so I could help out more families. I love shopping for other people. It's great to buy things for someone else whether for a Holiday or just because.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• That is a great idea especially in this economy. Another way of finding a family is through the school nurse, principal, etc.

Another good group to help is a senior in need. you could invite a senior or two to holiday dinner or visit one at a hoime for senior living who have no family or friends in the area.
    Anonymous

• What goes around comes around:

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have the means to help other families for the first few years of our marriage. We anonymously sent $50 gift cards to families we knew didn't have money to buy their kids presents or a nice dinner. Last year my husband lost his job. I was 5 months pregnant around Christmas and was starting to outgrow my clothes. We had no money for maternity clothes, presents, etc. Randomly, we recieved an anonymous $50 gift card to walmart, then a $25 card to the local grocery store, and finally $40 to Motherhood maternity. I'm forever grateful to those anonymous angels who made my holiday so bright last year.

I really believe that if we serve others that we'll be watched over and taken care of when we are in need.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 7:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I agree with you bootsky!
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 8:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010