How long before you had your baby did you stop working or when did you stop working in past pregnancys?

Whether you took maternity leave or just quit, how long before you had your baby did you stop working? I have 9 weeks left til my DD is here and I'm REALLY looking forward to taking off from work. I do have a "desk job" but its so stressful and I'm so tired from working 40+ hours a week so I plan on quiting 2-3 weeks before I'm due that way I have time to finish getting everything ready and have a little time for some rest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first son I stopped working on Jan 10, and he was born Jan 28 (due on the 27). With my second son, who was due Feb 2, I was scheduled to stop working Jan 15, but I was feeling really crappy, and made Jan 8 my last day of work. It was a good thing too because he was born Jan 10.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• With my son I had to stop working at 32 weeks because I had deveopled preeclampisa and was admitted into the hosptail the day after thanksgiving. I
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Oh, forgot to mention that I am a server, and I worked at the same place thru both pregnancies, and I currently still work there part time. Tips got really good the last few months of being pregnant, lol!!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:15 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• With # 1 I was taken off work at 36 weeks (I was only 2cm dialated, BUT I drove 2 hours one way to work)... I didn't have her for another 1 1/2 weeks

With # 2 - I was taken off work at 32 weeks because I went into preterm labor, but I ended up carrying him to 40 weeks/1 day.

With #3 - I took off at 37 weeks because I was so uncomfortable, but I could've work until delivery.  I had her at 40 weeks exactly :-)

ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• i worked up until 40.5 weeks. i was off over the weekend, then had my son on the following monday. if you can afford to have the extra time off go ahead and do it! but if that means you have a shorter leave, i'd wait :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• a shorter leave after the baby comes i mean
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I worked up til I had my DD it meant more paid time off with her so it was worth it to me to be uncomfy for a few weeks.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 10:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I worked on Friday, and had my baby on Sunday. I was working from home, part time, two weeks later; back in the office full time six weeks after that.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I worked on my feet regretably until i was 9 months...i took LOA 2 weeks before my due date so i would have time to get my house ready, and i could get off my feet for so long. Since i have a desk job this time around ill be working until doc tells me not to or until my water breaks! lol..
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• my water broke at work, I went back part time at 4 weeks, and full time after 8 weeks. But Im at a desk job.. if I were at an "on my feet job" I would have left 2 weeks before my due date and stayed gone for about6 weeks after.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2009