Is there anything that can be done to help my 4yr. old like her underwear?

My daughter pulls all her bottoms from between the tops of her legs. Her underwear, her pants, and even her Goodnites. she just started a few weeks ago and I thought it was because her underwear was getting small. I bought larger underwear, but she still does it and says that she doesn't like clothes between her legs.

lostinTennessee

Asked by lostinTennessee at 10:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe it would help if you let her choose the undies...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I think it sounds like a phase. My initial thought was to let her pick out underwear thinking if she's in on the process and she picks something she likes, she might be more willing to wear it (just make sure it's in her size). Might want to check on the leg-holes too. I actually have shape to my legs and sometimes the underwear fits fine, but the leg holes are too constricting. Have you explained to her the reason why she needs to wear underwear? You might also have to strike a deal where she must wear them X hours and at Y times she can be au naturale if she wishes. Just some thoughts. Hope you find a solution!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• This may sound silly but I have a neice who will only wear boy underwear. First, it was because they are what she picked out, but now she notices the comfort difference. She just likes them better. Might be worth a try.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:54 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• let her pick out her own underwear at the store
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Does she have a rash or infection?
    Anonymous

• I would check for irritation, infection -- especially if this is a new development.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I have a friend whose daughter didn't like wearing underwear, so she bought her boy's underwear that had cartoons on it. So now my friend says things like "let's go put on your SCOOBY DOO underwear!" and she goes for it :)
    takula

Answer by takula at 11:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• also, try showing her that you wear underwear...you and any other parents or siblings....let her pick it out...make it a big deal....exxagerate how awesome it is that she is such a big girl...good luck!
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2009