How long does it take for HCG levels to decrease after a chemical pregnancy?

At 6DPO I got a positive blood test. They checked my levels again 2 days later and they decreased by 11 and went down to 53. The OB said I was having a Chemical Pregnancy with was my 3rd this year. She said my levels were already low and that I would be back to 0 within 3-4 days. Ive been testing everyday and the lines are getting darker, not lighter and im still getting positive digital test and its been 8 days now since she said my levels would be back at 0. The test line is as dark as the control line now. I have ony had light spotting and no red blood or cramping. I havent even needed a pad once this whole time..

with my other chemical pregnancies I started bleeding like a regular period and my faint positives turned into negatives within 2 days. Is there a possibility shes wrong and I didnt miscarry????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, it's possible. She should be checking your blood levels at least once a week right now to make sure it's going down. Not all healthy pregnancies follow the typical pattern of doubling. Some hCG levels fall back and then continue to go up, or don't double like they usually do. Get a different OB who's going to do more follow up than "Your levels are low, this is a chemical pregnancy." She's not giving you the tme and attention you deserve.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I forgot to say that it can take up to 6 weeks for hCG levels to go back to pre-pregnancy levels after a pregnancy loss.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2009