My baby just wants ME!!

My 8 month old son is just getting over two ear infections and is constantly screaming mama. I am a stay at home mom but it's very stressful when his daddy comes home he doesnt want daddy he wants MAMA! Is he spoiled or is it because he's sick. How do I know where the line is? PLEASE help. I love my son I just need to be able to go to the bathroom in peace!

CarleeDalene

Asked by CarleeDalene at 11:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its normal, my DD only wanted me for a while and especially when she's not feeling well. She's 18mos now and goes nuts when her Dad comes home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I'm pretty much going through the same thing with my 9 month old daughter. She's starting to get over it now, but she would never let me leave the room without her starting to cry or pout. I think it's a phase they go through especially when they have us around all the time. Try to sneak in some alone time for yourself every once in a while. I make sure to get my nails, toes, and eyebrows done every couple of weeks to relax.

Hope this helps.

Erika
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• He is normal! Wearing your baby will help both of you.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Its normal, especially if your a at home mom. He see's you more, your his number one support.. If dad's willing then when he gets home you should either leave or go into a different room for a while. It'll be easier for him to take more responsibility if he has more control.. if your there he'll want you and if your not then dad will come first
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• He's not spoiled. He's normal. He is supposed to want you. All babies go through that. He will also reach a phase where he will want daddy not you.

You can't spoil a baby.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• He's normal. I take my 8 month old to the bathroom with me. They'll get over it... it's called "separation anxiety". Just means he's formed a healthy attachment to you.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• My 4 month old is like this.... she is perfectly fine as long as I'm holding her and starts screaming and screaming when anyone else takes her but as soon as she is back in my arms she's fine again! It's fine for me because I'm home with her almost 24/7 ecpet for the 50 minutes that I'm in class but its during her naptime so she doesn't even notice.
    But I go back to work soon so it's going to get interesting around here. but I agree with Leanne- it's perfectly normal. especially since he's just getting over being sick, maybe it will pass. but def try leaving the room and seeing if dad can calm him down
    good luck!
    Anonymous