My 1st appt is tomorrow what are they gonna do too me?

lilysmommy2010

Asked by lilysmommy2010 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Regular exam...pap, breast, urine analysis, maybe draw some blood.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• yep..all that fun stuff
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• My ob also did the vaginal sonogram to hear the heartbeat. I did not get a pap though, although I did just have my annual. I don't remember getting a pap with my last pregnancy either. You might be tested for STDs as well just to anticipate any complications.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I had to wait til I was 15 weeks along for my 1st appt bc I wanted the same Dr I used with my first DD so she done a pap smear, drew blood, and done an ultrasound to make sure the baby was there and developing the way she should, and they listen to the babies heart beat.
    I'm sure different Dr's do different things, but I assume most will do a pap smear to check for any STD's and make sure everything comes back normal, and they'll listen to the babies heart beat. The other things they may wait and do at later visits.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2009