Is the Wii a good gift for my whole family? will my 3 and 6 year old be able to play too?

What are some games lil kids can play on the Wii? I'm trying to decide if i wanna get us a Wii or get all three kids bikes for Christmas...but it'll be pretty cold here soon. I may save the bikes for spring.

jennypenny3000

Asked by jennypenny3000 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Holidays

• I think they would like the bikes better, but the wii can be very fun for the whole family. My son can do the bowling and the golf. He's 4 btw. You're a good momma!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Wii can be fun for everyone but even the easiest games might be challenging for a 3 and 6 year old, Wii sports are easy but get boring after a while. I guess it depends on their hand/eye coordination.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• ahhh , thank you. I am thinkinh the winter and being stuck in the house with a 3, 6, and 8 year old.. my mom get them hyper dash , hopefully that will help some.
    jennypenny3000

Answer by jennypenny3000 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• The wii fit is pretty good for wearing them out too!! They have running courses and dodging soccer balls and things. My girls have been handling the wii at my moms since 6...I bet a 3 yr old would pick up the sports and things pretty fast. We are getting it for Christmas and I REALLY want the family game night game!! I am also one of those paranoid moms that doesn't let the kids out w/o me or dh and we live in an area where access to sport stuff is limited so THIS is a GREAT solution to me! Rainy days, cold days, sweltering days.......we live in an electronic age....may as well embrace it :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• oh ya..we love playing as a family.. heck for christmas we got my 3 yr old dora and kilan games...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• The 6 year old can def. play...i dont know of any games for a 3 year old, but im sure they would learn quickly...the Wii is awesome. i want one soo bad..we use my SOs brothers for now, but its broken so we can only play the games that are downloaded on the SD card....i want to buy one at tax time for us!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I want a Wii too, but for some strange reason my teens think that it is lame. I dunno...I wanna get them something that they would like, but I want the whole family to be able to do something together for a change. I imagine that with your youngest they would want to do what the older child is doing and would pick up on it quickly.
    Anonymous

• our four yr old LOVE the Wii. It's easy enough for him to get. We play mario party and Wii sports. He didn't get it last year though. Didn't have the button coronation down yet, lol.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• The Wii is definately a great idea. All of your children as well as anyone who visits will be able to play. There are sports games, Mario games, shoot 'em up (for the older crowd), fitness games, and much more. Your three year old can play the tennis, bowling, golf, etc. Even test his skills out on the Super Mario Kart. Your older kids can get into the large array of kids games, as well as the sports games that come with the pack. It would definately be a great gift if your kids are into video games, or even just interactive TV.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Mario Kart racing (with the steering wheel), wii sports, wii play, wii fit (but its really expensive), there's lots of games a 3 year old could easily learn to play on the wii. My 4 year old niece loves the wii bowling. My friend's 3 year old little boy LOVES the mario kart racing game. And my DD who is 5 loves her Disney princess game. I think the wii is a great familiy gift.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2009