How can i deal with just being friends with my baby's father?

well me and my baby daddy broke up but we still live together. we both sleep in seperate beds but every other night we might sleep in the same bed and hold each other. the reason why i ask my question is because we had a talk one night about how we felt because we both were feeling like we wasn't acting like we were boyfriend and girlfriend. from what we both have came up with is that we still care about each other deeply but we are not in love with each other. our relationship feels more like a friendship with benefits. well finally we broke up and now i don't know how to deal with just being his friend knowing that i still do love an care for him so much. i know he still loves and cares for me but i just don't know what to do anymore beides cry silently sometimes when i go to bed at night are during the day time when i am alone.

Asked by sashamiesha at 2:10 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• the best way to have a partner is to have them for your best friend there will be ups and downs, but your spouse or other half sould be your best friend in the world.

Answer by sunshinex8 at 3:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• There is nothing wrong with loving your friend. It just isn't that type of love you need for a long lasting intimate relationship. Let it move to the next stage. Great friends are wonderful to have. Give yourself the chance to move onto finding another love that might turn out to be "the one".

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Well, if you're not going to be a couple, you should move out... or he should. Maintain contact, let him have as much visitation with the baby as he wants, and just do whatever you would normally do with your friends. Also, set up "rules" about things like discipline, finances, and other stuff ahead of time so that you're not fighting with each other.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Ummm I tried that whole living together and being friends, IT DID NOT WORK, he still felt some kind of ownership towards me and so did I.
    I moved out, and I strongly suggest you do to. It will make things easier and help you move forward. I am now Good friends with my EX but it would have never happened if we would have remained living together

Answer by Chandytown at 7:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2008