Dog food) Science diet vs. Nutro?? Please help!

Hi, I have 12 weeks old Husky, and I've recently changed her food from Purina(the breeder fed her that) to Science diet.

But I heard so many bad things about Science diet.
which one between Science diet and Nutro do you recommend?

Thank you so much!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pets

• Purina Lamb and Rice. That's what we feed all 3 of our dogs. (2 shepherds and a Husky)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I use science diet. I have never had a problem with it.

Answer by louise2 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Personally there is much better quality dog foods out there. This is a GREAT website with alot DogFoodAnalysis.com.Enjoy your puppy.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• None of those are very healthy! I agree that you should check out dogfoodanalysis.com. It rates all brands of dog food from 1 to 6 stars. I personally wouldn't feed anything LESS than 4 stars. Write down a couple of the foods that look good to you and go to their website to see where to buy it. Then call around for prices. Most likely, you'll have to check out mom-and-pop pet stores and farm/feed stores. I feed Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream. It is grain free and all life stages. It rates at a 5 (there are 2 other formulas of TOTW that get 6 stars). It is made by Diamond.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 1:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I concurr with most of the responses. Don't break the bank to feed your dog, but don't feed him crap food either. Foods like Purina anything, Science Diet and Nutro all have grain or beef/chicken/pork meal in it. That is a nice way of saying beaks, feet, tails, hooves and other stuff that isn't normally consumed.

Dogfoodanalysis is a good website....I feed one dog Canidae and the other one gets Eagle Pack Holistic Selections.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 3:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Sorry, meal isn't a bad choice...its by product I was thinking of.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 3:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I agree, I LOVE www.dogfoodanalysis.com! Between the two you're asking about though, nutro would be much better.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I don't like either. I feed my dogs a holistic diet because they have better quality ingredients. I agree with the others who suggest visiting www.Dogfoodanalysis.com. That is one of my favorite resources for dog food.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• We used science diet on our dog for about a week. It was in his mouth and right back out in less than 20 min. He had horrible dirahhera (spelling sorry!) all over the house and would throw up. So that was a very expensive bag of dog food that we threw out the door!! I personally like purinia. If you look around hard enough you can find printable 4$ coupons for it too! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• We use Evo brand dog food. It's a bit pricey ($53 with tax for a 26lb bag), but our male had intestine removed when he was a puppy, so he has a hard time maintaining weight, and it really helps him keep it on.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2009