hi, I am wondering how much to give on a gift card to family. example I need one for a restaurant and another one to a favorite store.

Any advice?and thanks in advance.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 11:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Holidays

• I normally give a $25-30 gift card when i give them! :D That's normally what I receive too!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• we always go 25-50 bucks..
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:34 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Denny's has a deal going that if you purchase a gift card at $25 you get a free $5 card for yourself. 

Carrows has the same deal too. 

At times a grocery store gift does like a good idea and you can't go wrong in purchasing food or anything else for that matter. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I like to give a Visa or Mastercard gift card in these kinds of situations. This way they can decide where to spend the $$ and split it amongst different places if that is their desire.
    Anonymous

• I would give a Visa or Mastercard gift card as well. You don't want to get stuck buying a gift card to a place they don't shop/eat at. If you do know their favorite place and want to get a specific card, then 25 for the food and 50 for the store. That's what I would do.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• $20-$30. A lot of places are doing gift card promotions where if you buy a certain amount you get one free. I know Red Lobster is doing buy $100 get $20 free. You should look around and see who is offering deals like that before you buy :)
    Anonymous