Does my son have chicken pox???

When I put my 4 year old to bed he was feeling warm but I didn't think he had a fever so I just put him to bed. Later I checked on him and he was sweating so much he looked like he had poured water on himself. This morning he woke up and the entire back of his body was covered in about 30-40 spots that looked exactly like big mosquito bites. I talked to my sister and she was worried that it might be chicken pox so I called the doctor, got an appointment. But when I looked again 2 hours later all of the bumps were gone. Not even but a few red marks were left in place. What could that be??? Even a mosquito bite would have left red spots... it dosn't make sense. Help!!

Bensmom21479

Asked by Bensmom21479 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2008 in Health

• Heat rash. My son used to get it when he was small. Try putting him to bed in lighter weight pj's and lighter blankets.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 2:38 PM on Sep. 10, 2008

• Definitely either Heat Rash, look it up on the MD website, or a food sensitivity... there's info about that on this website called "Wholesomebabyfood.com" good luck!
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 6:25 PM on Sep. 10, 2008

• Thanks, It turns out it was not chicken pox but a systemic viral infection. He never got sick other than the fever on the first night but the rash came back and is almost gone now.
    Bensmom21479

Answer by Bensmom21479 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2008