i am so angry i can't even title this..

okay, so last week dr. said we'd talk about inducing at todays visit. DIDN'T HAPPEN! now hes sayin' i'm not a good canidate for it.. WTF does that mean? i'm due on the 16th, i go back on the 14th for a check up, uhh... i have a friend due after me (23rd)thats already got an induce day (17th) scheduled, and shes not even dilated. i am 2cm and 75% thin..how in the HELL does that make me a bad canidate? please somebody try to make sense of any of this for me. my doctor is a damn idiot. AND i told him that i can barely walk. tons of pressure, he touched her freakin' head last week. shes 8lbs, ready to freakin' go! and he stripped my membranes today...UGH i'm pissed. hope husband wants sex cuz i'm GOING to have this baby this week, and I am even considering castor oil.. eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr

burr_and_e

Asked by burr_and_e at 11:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you don't need to be induced if its not medically neccesary. being induced makes the chance of other greater risks and complications. let hte baby come naturally. you still have a week to go! i wouldn't worry until the 16th.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 11:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Did you ask the doctor why you are not a good candidate for induction? I went into labor about 36 hours after getting my membranes stripped. Walk as much as you can, have some sex if it is still comfortable, envision delivering your beautiful baby, and good luck!!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• oh i didn't read that it was already 8 lbs. yeah, i'd be pissed! hopefully from teh stripping of the membranes you'll go into labor soon! hope everything goes ok.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 11:46 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I was induced. It's not very pleasant, to say the least. It brings labor on all at once. I would never do that again!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:47 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Sounds like you just need to let your baby finish growing and come on it's own. You arent even due yet! And your symptoms are typical of EVERY pregnant woman this late in the pregnancy. There is no way to know baby's weight, the estimates are often wrong.
    If I was your Dr, I wouldnt induce you either. There is no reason for it. You have handled it this far, I think you are strong enough to put your baby first and wait for her to come on her own.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I delivered my 8lb 2oz boy 9 days past the due date. Try to remember that the due date is an estimate...the baby triggers labor when it is ready and that is important. A friend of mine had hers 6 days before her due date and her son's lungs were not ready, he spent 7 days in the NICU and he has lung problems to this day and he is 3. Sounds like your doctor is putting baby first....I KNOW how much it sucks but try to hang in there!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I don't blame you. At this point I'd have a hard time trusting him to waffle from talking about inducing you to suddenly saying you're not a good candidate. If he can touch her head, maybe she just needs a little help but since he's not going to budge apparently try your best to hold on. I know it sucks. I had pressure pains the last two months and contractions for a week before my doctor induced me and I was overdue. Contrary to what some say, it's okay to vent about this. Pregnancy is not fun and games and is downright painful at the end. I hope the membrane strip works. If not, grab your DH and head for the bedroom.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• First of all, you should be thankful that your doctor isnt quick to induce and that he is taking your body into consideration!! I wouldnt be freaking out because if he doesnt think you are a good canidate then the chance of you ending up in a c-section becuase of a failed induction is alot higher! Just because he felt hte baby's head doesnt mean that the baby is low enough to safely induce. 8 pounds? Fetal weight is not accurate and even if it is... 8 pounds isnt a HUGE baby (its about average these days) and I wouldnt get induced just based on that weight!

If you go into labor this week then great but I think that you are overreacting. I would trust your doctor and be thankful that he isnt quick to rush you into an unnecessary induction. And FYI... 2cm isnt that great of a reason to induce!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Based on the numbers you posted, your Bishop's Score is still on the low side, making induction less likely to "take" and more likely to lead to c section. I'm sure it's maddening but your doctor wants the best outcome for you and your baby.
    A Bishop's Score is a measure of how ready your body is. It assigns values for your dilation, effacement, baby's position and station. Although you're well effaced, ideally, you'll be at least 3 cm dilated before starting an induction. My guess is that your baby's position and station aren't optimum just yet.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Your friend is being induced due to some sort of health reasons or because she's bot progressing. You are progressing, so why induce? Inducing may just slow down your natural progression and end up resulting in a c-section.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2009