Just curious

I'm having a planned c-section January 13th, my OB does not support a vbac because I had my 2nd daughter 12/12/08 so I've only had a little over a year to recover by the time my baby is due. I was curious if I were to spontaneously go into labor on my own before then will I have a greater chance of a vaginal birth, or would they just go ahead with the c-section as planned? Don't worry, I'm not going to try and make myself go into labor. Just a question! And if anyone has been thru a similar experience and ended up with a vbac?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, if you had a different care provider, you'd have a good chance at VBAC. However, it isn't unheard of for a repeat c-section to be done even when mom is in labor and things are progressing in a healthy manner. I'd assume your chances will be really low, since the attitude of your care provider is one of the biggest factors in VBAC success. If you DO go into labor and would like to go for the VBAC, I'd wait as long as possible to head to the hospital.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• you can try to labour through the birth, but it might not work 'right' and you could end up with an emergency section.

Anonymous

• You should have a pretty good chance of a vaginal birth, if your body is ready for it... if you go into labor before the c section then maybe you should try a vaginal birth before a c section... I had a c section with my daughter, jan 10 2009... for the longest time i felt i like a failer because i couldn't do the one thing women are suppose to be able to do.. give birth naturally.. of course by the time i had my c section i had already elected to have a epidural and a shot of morphine.. so it wouldn't have been that natural but still...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Unless you get a different OB then you will still have a cection regardless.
    lovetwins89

Answer by lovetwins89 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I would think that a c section would be performed. It is not worth compromising you/your baby's life. I had an unplanned c section with twins (with through 15 hours of hard labor). I wish I had had a planned c section. Things would have been much easier. It is not that bad. Really. My scar is very thin and about 3 inches long, barely noticeable. Good luck.
    Anonymous