How do you deal with another Mommy like this?!

I am a spanking mom. I am a spanking pet owner, too. (Moderate, and only when absolutely necessary) Now, before I get bashed, I am hiding behind anon because I made friends with a fellow spanker. However, that fellow spanker seems to have totally misunderstood my beliefs, and sends me 3-5 messages a day with her response to questions other moms ask, looking for my approval to her thoughts of "beating the evil out."

How do I politely explain to the mommy that I don't believe in BEATING, or blatant SUBMISSION, and that I don't want to hear her "she should give it a good smack, that should do the trick." responses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dunno - the way you deal with your other "problems" - by hitting her on the butt.
    Anonymous

• Punch her in the face! LOL! Just kidding, I'm not sure. Maybe the next time she sends you a message, say something like "I don't feel like that is an appropriate punishment in this certain case." or something like that. Keep stating you don't believe in "beating" A child.
    Anonymous

• Hm, doesn't sound like there's an easy fix. You may have to just keep telling her that you don't think corporal punishment should be used very often, or something like that. Maybe try to come up with a good sentence or two that sum up your views, and keep them at hand to use whenever she msgs you. Something about "I don't think corporal punishment is necessary in this case, and as you know, I don't believe in using it unless it is absolutely necessary. Overuse dampens its effectiveness anyway!"

(Anon 12:22 your first sentence had me ROFLMAO!!!)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Un-friend her and be done with it!!
    Anonymous

• Yikes! I think you could politely tell her that you don't think you're on the same page. Or you could do what I've done and just delete the messages and eventually she will go away,lol... I know that sounds rude but I didn't know the person and she wouldn't stop sending messages. Needless to say it didn't take long and they stopped. GL, and as far as sharing your views on discipline, etc, maybe try not to share as much. Some people latch on, so try to be less open about some things.. JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• i agree!! unfriend her and stop replying to her for goodness sakes. she turned evil i guess.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• or you could just turn around and "change" your mind, and all of a sudden it seems that you dont believe in spanking (not really but you can just pretend), woman change thier mind all the time!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Im just going to go ahead and guess that you find other alternatives to spanking. Just tell her the other positive discipline techniques too and praise techniques. Im sure the opportunity will come up face to face. For the sake of the child, poor baby, maybe mention to the other mom something like..."Did you do _______ before you spanked her?" Usually opening up with a question is not blaming or scolding the other mom too much.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2009