Question about Age and Adopting.

My husband and I are going through the foster system to adopt a child. When we had first discussed it, we wanted a child that was young; around the age of 3 or younger. Looking through some pictures, I saw a little boy that was 10 years old and fell in love. Keep in mind, I've looked through pictures like crazy and never saw a picture that made my heart just melt. The problem is.. I'm only 24 but my husband is 33. My hubby thinks we should get a younger child that I look like I could have birthed.. but to me, it doesn't matter. What do yall think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The kid won't care how old you are. 10 year olds almost never get adopted, so you wanting one is an awesome thing.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Awww i don't think it matters :) He made your heart melt and THATS what matters! Good Luck to you and your hubby! I think thats amazing!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 12:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• What on earth does it matter if you "looked" like you gave birth to a baby or not. People are going to know the child is adopted regardles...at least those close to you. I would assume you would be smart enough to raise a young child knowing he/she is adopted. I don't think it is smart to hide things like that anyway. I think you should go with your maternal instinct on this one. If this boy calls out to your heartstrings, then go give him a better life. I applaud your decision to give a deserving child a loving home. No matter what the age.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Oh, I would never hide the fact that he/she was adopted! But going to PTA meetings and all, I wouldn't want him to get embaressed because his "mom" is alot younger than everyone elses. If that makes sense. Just wanted some opinions!
    Anonymous

• I dont think their age matters, If you ahve found a child you have instantly loved Id say go for it.
    Awesome BTW adopting.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Oh an dthe younger mom thing doesnt really bother most. My mom was 15 when I was born so she was about 24 - 25 when I was 10 LOL
    Mrs.Owen86