Prenatal Vitamins

Just found out over the weekend I am preggers with our second child. Soo excited my daughter is 4 so I've been waiting a long time to have another. Made my first appointment this morning but I don't go in till January 8th so till I get my perscription prentals what over the counter prentals worked the best and were least harsh on your stomach? I have IBS so along with the morning sickness vomiting so a lot of vitamins put me in the bathroom all day. So any suggestions would be great on what worked for you!

aameliaz

Asked by aameliaz at 12:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took the one a day prenatals. You can get them from walmart, walgreens, cvs... anyways, they seemed to work pretty well for me.
    Congrats on your second!!
    NikkiNehring

Answer by NikkiNehring at 12:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I took two flinstone vitamins a day because the prenatals make me too sick.
    Anonymous

• The one a days work awesome for me. I can't take the perscription stuff my dr. gave me so I'm sticking with the one-a-days throughout. Didn't upset my stomach at all during the morning sickness period! Congrats and a healthy and happy 9 months for you!
    knfisch

Answer by knfisch at 1:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• for my 1st i used over the counter prenatals. (daily) for this one i was prescribed a prenatal with a stool softener in it, so ive been taking that one. it works well.
    jehosoba84

Answer by jehosoba84 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Wow, they still do prescriptions for prenatals? Hell, I just took over the counter ones for all of my pregnancies. Why spend so much extra money for the same thing?
    Anonymous

• did you ever stop dairy to help your ibs?
    eat lots and lots of green food...swiss chard, collards, spinach, kale
    don't forget the protein, nuts, meat, fish
    fresh fruit
    whole grains, oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Well Anonymous.. Perscription prenatals are practially cheaper for me just 10 dollar copay with my insurance compared to some over the counters that cost more then 10bucks.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 2:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Easiest on the stomach? Flintstones chewables....2/day.

Cheap and are perfectly fine, with no need for prescription? Walmart's Spring Valley prenatals. 100 days worth for around $7. What's the scrip copay going to get you? One month?

When I discussed it with the OB, he said that both options were great. That there was no need to spend more money because they are all pretty much the same.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2009