Help, My Dog Has Cat Breath! Why and How Do I Banish It?

My precious pug Kiki, has horrible breath! it smells like bad fish. Why does she have bad breath and how can I get rid of it? Anyone know about this? Your replies are most welcomed! Thanks Ladies! Namaste, Emme

Emme69

Asked by Emme69 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pets

• Like some else said the dog may need to have it's teeth checked by a vet. They make a great treat called Greenies which is made to clean the tarter of dogs teeth. here is a link.

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=15354
    T.W.

Answer by T.W. at 3:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Get breath bones and/or doggie toothpaste and clean the dogs teeth....
    Anonymous

• Give him a tic tac
    Anonymous

• How old is Kiki? It may be time for a dental at the vets if there is a lot of tarter build up. That is the mani cause for bad breath in dogs.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Doggie toothbrush and toothpaste! :) Dogs' teeth should be brushed dailey (or atleast every other day), although I only brush my dogs' teeth once/week. I've heard that raw meaty bones are also great for cleaning dogs' teeth although I haven't tried it myself.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 1:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Kiki is 15 months old. We use Four Paws brand Natural Pet dental toothpaste for dogs regularly and have tried Greenies, but she doesn't like them. She likes rawhide chews. I've even tried flossing her teeth. I guess it's time for a check up.
    Emme69

Answer by Emme69 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009