how do i clean this?

my 5 month old has this rattle she loves. it has a stuffed cows head on it. it says surface wash only. However, she's sick and its going to need to be sanatized when shes better and she loves to put the thing in her mouth. any idea what i can clean this with that will kill the germs but not the baby?

Squeakette

Asked by Squeakette at 1:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stick it in a pillowcase and wash regularly, then air dry. This is how I clean all stuffed animals too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I dont like spraying lysol on my sons toys which he puts in his mouth. you can wet a washcloth with hot water, and use a solution of some vinegar and baking soda (the smell will go away once dry)...this natural and safe combo will clean it and sanitize it. wipe the rattle gently and it sould do the trick! let it sit in the sun to dry!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I once heard someone mention on here that they put things like that in the freezer. they said it kills germs. I've never done it, but it sounded good to me!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I would spay with vinegar, cover woth baking soda, spray more vinegar, let dry and shake off or vacuum the baking soda

Answer by rkoloms at 1:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I'd toss in a pillowcase in the superdelicate cycle of my washing machine.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2009