What does your 11 month old eat??

I feel like my daughter doesnt eat enough and is always hungry. She is Breast fed and is eatting some table foods. Not alot. But she eats baby food the puff things yogurt melts. But she always always acts hungry. I nurse her whenever she ask for it. But she still acts hungry. I give her baby food in the morning and at night. IDK if I should give it to her another time during the day or what.

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• By 11 months old she should be able to eat a wide variety of finger foods and pretty much whatever you are eating as long as it is soft. If she is not, then it stands to reason that she is always hungry! Here are some examples of what she should be able to eat:

mashed potatoes
    pudding
    applesauce
    rice
    macaroni and cheese
    fruits like blueberries, banana, etc.
    steamed baby carrots
    pancakes
    french toast
    yogurt
    cottage cheese
    cheese
    cut up hot dogs or turkey dogs
    veggies like peas, etc.
    bread
    crackers
    cheerios
    graham crackers

There is such a wide variety and I'm sure for as busy as she is she needs more food to make up for the energy she is exhausting!
    Anonymous

• Oh and you can quit with the baby food in the jar actually. It's not necessary at this age unless you are supplementing or it is in addition to the main foods you give her.
    Anonymous

• If she's eating table foods, there's no need for the baby food.

Mine were eating all table foods, what we ate, and drinking milk with each meal with 2-3 snacks of finger foods during the day.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is still breastfed. But I also give her a variety of table foods and baby food. I know that she could be eating just table foods, but I feel like with the jar baby food she gets more of a variety of fruits and veggies. For a while I was trying to buy fresh fruit for her, but she never ate a lot.... like it took her 3 days to eat a banana, so the leftovers would go bad before she could finish. So I've decided to stick with the jar stuff until she's able to eat more in one sitting.
    That first answer with the list of foods is pretty accurate. You can give them whatever you're eating as long as it's cut up in small pieces. I made chicken soup and biscuits last night, and my daughter ate everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2009