I'm thinking about leaving, are there shelters that will let me stay?

I have been married for a while, our marriage has been horrible. Some good, but mostly when things get bad, he ditches and I'm left playing single mommy. I am pregnant and I just found an email of him telling afreind how he feels traped and wants to ditch again and would if money wasn't so tight. I can't do it again. And I can't support my kids alone, esspecially right now while I'm pregnant. I have no family. I grew up in foster care so I really have no one to turn to. I'm thinking of leaving. He is a good dad, and even on my best days I do nothing but fail, and everyone points that out on a regular basis. No matter how much I clean, or work, or play with the kids, people are constantly quick to tell me were I am lacking. I think its me... No one has ever wanted me... not my parents, not my foster parents, not my husband. He has family, I think it would be best for me to leave. He has lots of people who will.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• help him be a single dad. I love my kids, but I can't offer them anything. I've racked my brain on how to fix this, or buy my time long enough to go back to school and get a degree so that at least I could have a way of supporting just me and the kids... but I just don't think I have that time. I've been thinking of just not comming home after work one night and finding a place to stay till I hve the baby, then just letting him know where the baby is. Then just dissapearing. I don't know what eles to do. I have no one to turn to, I have no one to even confide in. Since I found the email I have barely eaten and havent slept. Done nothing but cried. I wish I could think of a better option... but I have none. I have no one.
    Anonymous

• Honey, you can get out!!! My husband left me 8months pregnant and I had a 1 year old at the time. I went and filed for govt. housing. HUD and paid no rent, got foodstamps, and pulled families first. I did this for a year before I got on my feet and My husband and I worked through his affair and everything in this year but I still had a safe place! Don't settle! You do have options!
    jlee38340

Answer by jlee38340 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I can help you and provide support! I've been there and you do have options. I even tried to kill myself after my son was born. Here is my email!!! Please contact me and we will find you some help!!!! jlee38340@yahoo.com My name is Jennifer and I will get to you asap!!!
    jlee38340

Answer by jlee38340 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2009