I cant get any insurance and Iam 6 months along what is one to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What state are you from? I'm sure your state provides some type of insurance!!!
    jlee38340

Answer by jlee38340 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Homebirth midwives are super cheap compared to doctors and hospitals. Around $4000 compared to $14,000. You might look in to that option.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Is there a pregnancy center in your city? I would start asking questions there, they may be able to help you find services.
    Anonymous

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Call your local Department of Job and Family services... I know here in Ohio that they won't deny a pregnant woman insurance!
    Navy4cowgirl

Answer by Navy4cowgirl at 2:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Medicaid.
    Anonymous

• you should be able to get insurance through your state. check your local department of economic security. Even when my husband and i had enough income ot support our family, we still recieved insuarce just becaus ei was pregnant. What state are you in>?
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 2:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Personally, I would rather pay for someone else to have a healthy baby and care than to leave them alone without anything. Heartless women, I swear.

Double check Medicaid in your state - a lot of programs specifically for pregnant women that aren't as stringent on income. I had to use it during my first pregnancy because my insurance enrollment was after we found out about the pregnancy, and the insurance wouldn't cover any of it. I paid taxes and my insurance premiums, but the pregnancy was a pre-existing condition.

If you can't get that or the program isn't available, really look into home birth with a midwife or a birth at a freestanding birth center. It is considerably cheaper (home birth ranges from 2000-5000, depending on the area, and many midwives will work out payment plans with you or allow you to barter services).
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 3:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I agree with some of the others. I would check your local health department. If you don't have enough income they can't turn you down. Unless you were trying to go through a insurance company i know many won't cover pre existing 'conditions' or whatever. And remeber when the baby is ready to come he/she will.And hospitials can't turn you away for not having insurance. Trust me I have outstanding medicail bills. People shouldn't judge if they havn't been your shoes ingore them. Medicaid should cover you. and you're child. Good luck & GOD BLESS
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

then you send her money.
    you are probably on it too.
    i work for my money and pay for my own medical insurance.
    if she cant afford to raise her own baby.. and cant keep her legs shut, she should give it to a family that can.
    Anonymous