Would you consider yourself a "feminist"?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, because I don't agree with the politics of the feminist movement as it currently exists.
    I believe a woman has the right to make her own life and career choices.
    I believe a woman deserves equal pay for equal work.
    I don't believe women are better than men, just as I don't believe men are better than women. This is where I disagree most strongly with the "feminist movement." As a PP said, I completely disagree with the recent attempt to emasculate the male gender. We have our own strengths and weaknesses, that does not make one gender better than the other. We are who we are and we ALL deserve the opportunity to make the best of what we possess.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Nope, no way...Now I do believe in equal pay for equal qualifications, to me that's just common sense. But as far as being a feminist, NOPE
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No, I consider myself a Feminist.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes. I am all for the empowerment of women and their right to CHOOSE how they want to live and not be persecuted or looked down for it. Whatever the choices are, they are HERS to make.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Probably not, but maybe you should post your definition of a feminist. I agree with fair treatment, equal rights and like a PP said, equal pay for equal qualifications, but I personally like the more traditional roles for a woman and man. It doesn't mean I'm submissive or let a man walk all over me, but I like for a man to act like a man and I don't like the recent emasculation of the male population by the feminist culture.
    Anonymous

• Funny, rkoloms......LOL!
    Anonymous

• "Probably not, but maybe you should post your definition of a feminist. I agree with fair treatment, equal rights and like a PP said, equal pay for equal qualifications, but I personally like the more traditional roles for a woman and man. It doesn't mean I'm submissive or let a man walk all over me, but I like for a man to act like a man and I don't like the recent emasculation of the male population by the feminist culture."

I'm not referring to MY definition of a feminist, I was asking if you CONSIDER yourself one, by your own definition. Personally, I'm not a feminist.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I guess so but I disagree with a few things. I am more traditional about marraige and family.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2009