When and where did you get your DD ear pierced?

My DD is almost 6 months old and would like to get her ear pierced.

ZuMama

Asked by ZuMama at 1:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i got my daughters ears done when she was 4 months (i tried at 3months, but they said she had to be 4 months) at a place called merle norman (i dunno if you have that in the states - im from canada) never had a problem with her!! she cried for 5 seconds, and that was it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I took my daughters to the Mall when they were about 12, 13 years old. My granddaughters were 10 and 11. I think they went to "Claire's"
    Anonymous

• We got my dd ears pierced when she was 10 months old at our local mall. Now she's 5 and she hasn't put on any earrings since she was 2. She's a tomboy and she hates having pierced ears so I advise you to wait until she's a little older. When she turns 3-4 ask her if she wants earrings and if she does, then get her ears pierced!!
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 2:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• When...16 years.
    Where...jewelry store
    Anonymous

• I just had my daughter done and she is 3. I had them done at Claires.
    Anonymous

• I had my daughter's ears done at Piercing Pagoda at 8 months old. She only cried for a second and has never bothered them. She is 17 months old now. And the OP only asked where and when, not what you think she should do.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Mine were 13 and it was at a local store. I realize you didn't ask for opinions but I'll give one anyhow. Some ears are very sensitive and I'd hate to deal with a baby's ear's if you find out that she has an allegy to one of the metals. I wanted my daughters to be able to handle it theirselves. One of my daughters ended up not being able to wear any type of earings as she always was having sores develop. I'm not saying she will or will not but it is a possibility.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• my daughter is 4 and desperately wants them done. i'll let her when she's a bit older and can help take care of them.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• DD was 3 months at claires, cried for about 5 seconds and was able to distract her. She is now 18 months and she doesnt pull on them at all.
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 4:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• My pediatrician did it. She didn't cry with the first one, but cried a little with the second.
    Anonymous