When does the baby normally "drop"?

I still have 9 weeks left til my due date but EVERYBODY keeps saying it looks like the baby has dropped. Our HR lady at work hasn't been upstairs in a few weeks and when she came up today she said "Wow it looks like you've dropped since the last time I seen you".
I didn't think you dropped until like maybe 2-3 weeks before you were due.
I've been carrying her REALLY low the whole time so I think maybe the bigger I get the more my belly "sags" lol since she's so low. I'll probably be miserable when she finally does drop as low as she already is...

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My first son dropped 2 months before his EDD and I was so miserable those last two months! My LO (born 11/10/09) dropped about a month before his EDD. They say with your first, you won't drop until 2-3 weeks before the EDD and even later with subsequent pregnancies but everyone is different. You will definitely feel it in your pelvis when she drops!
    elmo6885

Answer by elmo6885 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• My babies don't "drop." Ever. They move down by centimeters during the last month until their little heads are engaged. Then they wait for labor contractions to work them down through my pelvis. Makes the last part of labor and pushing hurt like crazy.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009