So I'm looking at the label of a bottle of Benadryl....

because my son had an allergic reaction this weekend so I was going to give him some. There on the label was the warning "Do not give to children to make them sleepy." Isn't it sad that some parents have to actually be told NOT to drug their kids to make them go to sleep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You would be surprised!! I worked with a guy that gave his baby Tylenol EVERY night to "help him Sleep"!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yeah I started having second thoughts about my MIL when she told me she gave her 11 year old daughter and her friends Tylenol PM because they wouldn't go to sleep! Guess there won't be any sleepovers at grandmas for my kids.....
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I just looked at my bottle of benadryl and it doesn't say that. But yeah, some parents are that stupid!
    Anonymous

• I have heard of people giving their children Benadryl on purpose to make them sleep on car and airplane rides! I wish I could say it was surprising, but it really isn't. Actually, when I was a kid it wasn't uncommon for people to rub liquor on their childs gums to help relieve them of teething pain, or giving them a hot-toddy for a cold. Sure I survived it, but I would never do it to my own child.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Some parents are sleep deprived. I have twins that as infants had serious sleep issues. We rarely got more than 2 hours sleep between the two of them. Until we found out what the issue was the doctor advised us to use benadryl as a sleep aid. So before you lable everyone who really needs a good night sleep as stupid you might want to find out the whole story. Sometimes there is more than you know going on. Grow up people, until you are the perfect parent of the perfect child stop judging.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• That was one of the reasons they pulled the cold medicine from the children's section. They had to relabel everything with 4 and up. That is what the pharmacist told me.
    Anonymous

• ya.. its crazy how parents think it will make them sleepy.. i know it makes me sleepy but to intentionally give it to a young child is rediculous.. i had to give it to my daughter one time for a wasp sting and swelling and it made her hyper.. so obviously it doesnt cause drowsiness in everyone
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Incredibly sad, alot of parents are really braindead...maybe they should lay off the drugs too....
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• There are many warnings that disturb me due to the fact that they seem so obvious, yet stupid people are doing it enough,they need to make a lable out of it. I love prenatal lit that says don't have sex after your water breaks...seriously? People are actually doing this? I was in a motel in MO once and a sign was hung asking customers to Please don't clean your firearms with the bed sheets. Deliverance!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2009