Any ideas for a first haircut style?

My son is 17mo old and has very blonde, straight hair. It's starting to get long, so long it covers his eyes. I made his 1st haircut appt (and yes, almost cried) The appt is on Wednesday and I'm still looking for the perfect cut/style for him. I'm thinking I want to keep some hair so maybe a shaggy due or short on the sides longer on the top w/a little gel. Idea's anybody? Maybe post photo's? Thank you

jAcKiE584

Asked by jAcKiE584 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We do "typical boys cuts", at least until they're done napping.

Anything that uses gel to spike....think of that stuff all over the bed, and having to wash it out and start over after a nap because it's flattened or just totally messed up after.
    Anonymous

• I just tell them to do a typical boy's cut too. You don't want something complicated. You want them to be able to get up and go. I barely brush my son's hair. I try to wet it a little while he brushes his teeth.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I'd ask the stylist for advice. I would definitely go simple. Nothing that requires any special care because if he hates having you mess with his hair, you're in trouble. My son has gone through various phases when combing his hair is a major battle. If his hair is short, it matters less.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I like my son's hair short, but not military short (that's why I don't let Daddy take him!). I agree with the others - not too long or too complicated, and the less product the better (I use no more tangles that I bought for his sister on my son to help keep the fly aways down). A stylist can advise you based on your son's hair type and your desire to keep him looking like a little boy rather than a little man. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2009