question about taking clomid with long periods

im going to take my first cycle on clomid this month, i have periods that last up to 10-15 days, i was told to start clomid 3 days after my period begins and to have sex days 12 thru 17 but i was wondering what i should do if i still have my period those days? any thoughts?? im going to call my fertility doctor and ask her too but i wanted to see if anyone here could share some thoughts... thanx ladies

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 2:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I took my first round of clomid in October and my husband and I BD before during and after AF. During it, we just done it in the shower! :D
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• You may be surprised this month with how long your period lasts, the clomid may make your period lighter since it's an anti estrogen. Actually I wouldn't recommend ttc in the shower, because obviously you've been trying for awhile! Having sex in water could totally ruin any chances of conception. I don't even take baths around my O time.

And FYI, with Clomid, you can sometimes ovulate later, like as late as day 20. Chart your temps to be sure of your O date and insist on the progesterone test 7 days after the date *you* know you O'd! I wouldn't do more than 4 rounds of Clomid....if you don't know why, just do a little google research on it :)

Oh and if you are on your period, especially around day 14, I would have sex anyway...I know it's not ideal but some women do ovulate while they are still having their period and conceive!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 7:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2009