Are you homophobic?

I'm not but people seem to confuse homosexuals with pedophiles. I overheard a conversation between a bunch of moms and one said she wouldn't let her son near Santa if she knew he was gay. Do people not realize the difference between a gay guy and a pedophile? Gay guys only like GAY GUYS. Not children. I think people are just ignorant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• They are ignorant. Sad but true.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• yeah people just suck they don't chose to understand so they make ignorant choices and wrongly accuse
    Anonymous

• i said yeah because i was agreeing with you lol im bi myself so .. yeah
    Anonymous

• Didn't you get the memo...Homosexuality is contagious!!! LOL

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I know the difference. Like you said some people donot. I have talked to my DH about the same thing, about gays not allowed in the army. Gays do not want to rape or hit on, straight guys. So I do not see the problem with gays in the military. My DH is retired army/Field artillery.

Answer by louise2 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No, but my husband is a hemophobe! lol . . . he faints at the sight of blood! lol

People are ignorant and narrow minded. I have some very good friends who are gay and I would trust them with my daughter. Only an idiot would confuse a homosexual with a pedophile.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Well, part of intolerance is ignorance. Can you expect much out of ignorant people.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• This is exactly what I tried to explain to my SO! Just because a guy is gay, that doesn't mean he is going to try and hit on every single guy he sees. Gay men have standards too! And gay doesn't = pedophile.
    Anonymous

• Peole who do this do it out of pure ignorance, or because they were taught to beleive so. They beleive being gay is wrong so they tie it up with a pedophile's disgusting ways.

Answer by older at 5:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Not at all. Whatever makes a person happy, it is really none of my business what someone does in their own life. There are just too many ignorant people in this world.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2009