Suggestions for creative ways to fine out the gender of your baby

Okay I'm 17 weeks with my second child (YEAH!!) With my son we did not find out, and that is my preference...but my hubs is just dying to know. So we are going to find out, but I want to be creative and not just have the doctor tell us. Since there are so many brilliant and creative women on here I need your suggestions on discovering this awesome news together in a special way.
Merry Christmas to all!!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 2:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, there's either the ultrasound tech or doctor telling you by ultrasound, the doctor by amnio or waiting until it's born. I don't know how you could make that creative...
    Anonymous

• You can usually tell by the heartbeat. If it beats pretty fast it's a girl...if it's not as fast it's a boy. Also...I hear that the kind of underwear your hubby wears can determine the baby's sex when u concieved. Does he wear boxers or briefs? I think if they wear boxers you'll concieve a girl and if he wears tighty whities you'll concieve a boy. I'm not sure how accurate that is but John Travolta said he changed underwear when his wife wanted a girl. And they had a girl.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I don't know how you (the parent) could find out in a creative way; but a creative way of telling the family is to make copies of the ultrasound picture and put each copy in a little frame with pink or blue ribbon and wrapped up as part of whoever's Christmas gift.
    Anonymous

• well i had my friend go with us to the ob opt for the sex and secretly find out from the dr and then for my shower she did it neutral but she told everyone who she knew could keep it a secret and they got gender items... then she had my cake colored pink on the inside..so i didnt know until i was 30wks.. it was so cute!!
    Anonymous

• my husband found out and then since she was a march baby he gave me a diaper bag for christmas that had the color on it... it was awsome that he suprised me like that
    Anonymous

• I would have the doc (or u/s tech) write it down on a piece of paper and then go into a store and pick out 2 outfits that are the same price. Give them to the cashier along with the piece of paper and ask her to ring up the one that is for the right gender and to triple bag it so that you cant see it. Then go on a special date with your husband and while you are out, open the bag and see what you are having.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I love Jaydins idea. Thats a good one. Because of my hubbys work he can't go with me to find out the sex I'm 18 weeks I"m hoping we find out Wed. I am gonna go to the store and pick out something pink or blue wrap it up & hopefully if we find out before christmas but it on the tree for him to open. I can't wait!!! GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Some great ideas ladies.....let's hear more!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 3:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I like Jaydin's idea too. If your finding out before Christmas then you could use that idea and wrap up the baby outfit or have someone else wrap it to make sure you dont see, and then you and your husband could unwrap it on Christmas :) Since your 17 weeks now and you'd be 19 weeks the week of Christmas then they should be able to tell the sex bc they did with my pregnancy at 19 weeks.
    Good luck and congratulations!
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2009