Any other ideas???

Ok so Im 41 weeks pregnant and my doctor wants to induce next week because of the babies weight. I really want to go natural. I've tried everything. I've tried walking, spicy foods, having sex (which did make me efface and dilate, but didn't send me into labor), nipple stimulation with a breast pump a few times, and I just took some milk of magnesia to clean out my system (because I refuse to take castro oil). Does anyone else had any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex sex and more sex. the more he cums in you the more you will soften. I personally am against induction unless there is a medical reason. Docs are wrong all the time about size of the baby. Is this your first>? If so only do it if needed. If it is your second and you had a problem delivering cause of size then I would say yea do it. GL
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• What you want is still very important. You don't have to dismiss your preferences for your doctor's.   You are weighing risks now.

There are remedies to try, but what if they don't work?

If it's important to you~ ask your doctor for the facts-- references-- proof than induction is safer than spontaneous labor.
    If your doctor suspects baby *might* be "big" then there is no need to induce. (Induction adds greater real risk than a guesstimated/possible/little-no risk.)

I encourage you to get more info so that your decision is yours and it's informed.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Depending on who a woman hires for her maternity care, she can get very different kinds of care.   Using a surgeon/high-risk manager will make for a harder opportunity for a natural delivery.   It can be an uphill battle, but if health & safety are your priority, it's worth getting informed and making your own decision.

Good luck!   :-)

doulala