Help with mean neighbors

Hello Ladies I was wondering if anyone had any advise for me regarding some neighbors of mine.We moved into a small town from another country a few years ago.My husbands company transfered us and because of his company there has been a nice economic boom in said town.I have these neighbors that have called the police on us 4 times saying we have vandalized various parts of their home.I assure you we have not I have a six year old and a fifteen year old who would never even consider walking to their yard much less pushing things into their pool etc.Every time the police have come to my door it causes a stir in the area that I live and embarrasses me.
Saturday evening we were riding on a parade float for DH's work and neighbor is there yelling out that "there are the Canadians that wrecked my pool"to everyone around her.I was mortified.Please help me take the high road girls.

boogernoodle

Asked by boogernoodle at 2:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• DANG! that is MESSED up! I would give her cookies and stuff. LOL repay evil with kindness. But that's just me :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Oh I am so sorry!! And they seem to be knocking Canadians,too. I love Canada. ANYWAY, I agree that "killing them with kindness" is the way to go.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Truthfully you should do nothing. Make sure your kids are not doing anything to the neighbors. Next time the police come over, ask them if the neighbors have any proof your family actually did anything to there yard. You might be able to put a reverse complaint in about them.

Answer by louise2 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• If your kids did nothing, than do not worry about it. They NEED PROOF in this country. Tell them next time to get a video surveillance camera installed so that they can find out who the real criminals are. LOL!

Otherwise, just ignore them. They sound like they are bored, with nothing better to do than bother you. Ignore the ignorant neighbors.

"He who has done nothing wrong has nothing to hide or be ashamed of." You do not owe those people anything.

Have a great holiday season.

Anonymous

• Did you say you lived in another country? If that is the case you need to check out local laws reguarding complaints. The local laws may not need proof like we do in America.
    Anonymous

• I had an issue with a neighbor.He beat his woman and bragged to me about it.I stood up to him.I told him he didn't scare me.Long story short, when his threats didn't work, he tried to get child protective services involved with my 10 yr old son.we moved.and we are very happy now.but it seems they would get tired of pestering you.I'd move if you can.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 5:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009