misscarry naturall vs. DNC?

after talking with my husband a/b what i would do if i happend to misscarry this baby, it got me thinking what would i do??
have a DNC?
or misscarry naturally at home (if possible)...
what happends if you misscarry at home? what do you do with the baby afterwards?? do you have to go to the hospital to have your placenta removed and what not?? (since at 13 weeks its attached with a umbil cord)??
sooooo sorry if this is a sensative subject for some.. i was just curiouse as to what happends when you have a misscarriage!

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 2:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your body *should* be able to discharge everything without a D&C. But a fever and/or excessive bleeding indicate all is not well and a D&C might be necessary to clean things up a bit. At 13 weeks, baby is so tiny (a few ounces) that everything usually passes easily. It can be terribly upsetting to see the tiny remains of your baby in the toilet and sometimes (especially if there's a history of miscarriage) the doctors want you to bring in the remains for genetic testing. Otherwise, women either have a burial or flush.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I miscarried naturally at home....twice, sadly. The first time, we never saw the baby and I was 10 weeks. After three months of irregular light spotting at ovulation time and "normal" periods, the placenta passed. I learned then that your hcg level should NOT take that long to get down to zero. The second time I was 8 weeks and everything passed quickly and it was a much shorter process. A lot of bleeding and then after everything passed, period like bleeding. It stopped after two weeks. I was at zero after 4 weeks. We opted to bury our little one and asked a preacher to bless them both. I hope you do not have to experience this, it is horrible. If you do, read up on the D&C and make the decision that is right for you, not just the quick way for the doctor. Hope this answers your questions!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• i misscarried at almost 3 months and i knew i lost the baby cause they didnt get a heart beat they were waiting for me to misscarry at home but i started to bleed so bad that we had to call 911 to get me to the er and they did a dnc as soon as they could they did throw a burial and it did help us alot

i do hope you dont have one its the most hardest thing i had went though so far i know im almost 8 weeks now im and so scared but im trying to look for the best if you need to talk you can message me and i wish you luck sorry if tmi on this
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 1:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2009