What would you do....

If your baby's dad possibly got another girl pregnant about a month and 2 weeks before you. He isn't sure if he is the dad but there is the possibilty that he is. I told him how it makes me feel and it's like he doesn't understand. I told him that I didn't think it would be a good idea if he was in the delivery room for the fact that he could get attached to a kid that may not be his. I'm to the point of where him going to my appointments and thinking about him being there for the delivery doesn't make me feel special or anything. I want us to be together for the baby but I know it's probably isn't a good idea. What would you do in my situation? How would you feel? Am I wrong for the way that I'm feeling?

MaKennaMama

Asked by MaKennaMama at 3:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are going to want the father to be a big part of his child's life it is important for him to be somewhat involved at birth. He doesn't have to be with you for labor and delivery. If people you are upset about are around labor can stop and you can have to have a C-section. He can wait in the waiting room and come in after the baby is born or after you get done with the first nursing.

Being together 'for the baby' is almost always turns out bad. Whoever gets the first order for child support in some states gets the most money. It would be best for your child to file for custody and child support as soon as you get out of the hospital. If you can find a lawyer that will come to the hospital that is even better.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Sorry you don't feel special in this special time! I had a hard first pregnancy too, not exactly the same, though. I would worry about your baby and you. Don't rely on him to make you feel happy or special. You have a beautiful baby growing inside of you who's going to love you more than anyone has ever loved you. It's great. Do what makes you happy, and don't depend on him to do it. He sounds like a jerk, but I don't know only you do.
    Anonymous