Why can you wear a bikini in public but not underwear?

Isnt it the same thing?
What even determines the difference?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because you swim in a bikini and I think some people need to be reminded of that. I dont know how many times I've see girls walking around in bikini's at the grocery store. I seriously doubt our local grocer has a pool out back but maybe I just wasnt invited to the party lol.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 4:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• LOL Good question!
    Anonymous

• hahahaha ive always wondered that....not thaty i have the body to even wear one, but still...if i did, i totally would!!!!!!! id have no problem going grocery shopping in a bathing suit...lol,,or bra and panties!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Have you seen some of the teenagers of today........ their underware is showing all over the place. Bra straps are now a fashion accesory. Boys and girls are letting their underware show in the back.

Heck.... Im waiting for them to simply go out in public with no clothing... just the underware.
    Anonymous

• If it is thin and white it is underwear and frequently become see through. Now if you want to jump in the pool in something sturdy and colorful I probably won't be able to tell which department you bought it in.

Anonymous

• If it is thin and white it is underwear and frequently become see through. Now if you want to jump in the pool in something sturdy and colorful I probably won't be able to tell which department you bought it in.

I agree with this. I do wonder though why it's okay to wear in public a bikini that shows nearly or all of one's backside.
    Anonymous

• Careful Alexis 06, or you'll end up on www.peopleofwalmart.com LOL I'm just teasing! (jealous that you have the body for it and I don't!) hmmm... good question OP.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2009