what is the strangest recipe you have ever made for your family?

cereal and pecan crusted eggplant.. trust me, it did not go over well with the kids. *shudders*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• black bean brownies - a gluten free recipe. they were surprisingly good.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• i made a pot roast once.... now that is simply NOT strange, but when I put it on the table the youngest took one look and said "ew is that pig brain??!!" No one would even take one bite... not even hubby.
    Anonymous

• We all have different definitions of strange. Some people think that tofu and nutritional yeast are strange ingredients...

Answer by rkoloms at 4:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• LOL Pig brain. That is funny. I will have to share that one with the family.

I make a crockpot recipe that calls for Chicken, peanut butter, and diced tomatoes. You serve it over potatoes. It's not bad and the chicken comes out super tender. The family likes it well enough.
    Anonymous

• rkoloms, you couldn't just list something that your family thought was strange? It didn't actually have to be strange. Obviously pot roast isn't strange, but her family thought it was. Sometimes it would nice if you would just choose to skip a question or even all of them.
    Anonymous

• Tongue. I like it and it was one of my kids first solids. It is a great baby food! They won't eat it now. It does look gross.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• ROFL @ anon:29!

I can't say I've made anything truly strange...I do like to experiment in the kitchen, but I don't like odd things, so I try to stick to as normal as possible, lol! I did make brownies with zucchini once, that were horrible...
    Anonymous

• hubby makes what he calls ranch beans and rice...its all kinds of beans.hamburger.mustard.ketchup.vinegar.it sounds absolutely disgusting.and it looks like dog food.in fact the first time he cooked it for me i was like uh no thanks can you makeme something else....now its actually a favorite of mine
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I once made liver meatloaf. Yes, you heard me correctly! I thought by using half ground liver and half ground beef that I could get some more nutrition into our diet. Needless to say it didn't go over well! The dog wouldn't even touch it! I put a big X through the recipe and sent it back to the library! And even tho it's been well over 25 years, I still cannot live that one down!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 7:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• We have strange nicknames for normal foods.My mother made this baked shrimp dish with butter ,seasonings and whole peppercorns oh yummy when we were little my sister and I would call it shrimp eyes due to the peppercorns.Now both our families refer to it as shrimp eyes,When the kids have friends over and we are having shrimp eyes for dinner... the looks we get .LOL We have several dishes with funny nicknames.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2009