How concerned should I be about my 4 year old's urine color?

I've noticed over the last couple days my younger daughter, who will be 4 next month, has cloudy urine. She hasn't complained of any other symptoms and from what I can find online cloudy urine could be from something as simple as food/drink or it could be a UTI, although when my little cousin had a UTI a few years ago she said there was pain but Brianna has made no complaints. She hasn't had anything new in her diet although I can't be sure how long her urine has been this color since she's been potty trained nearly two years now and the only reason I did notice was from the few times she forgot to flush the toilet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Health

• I'm not sure, I would def. call her doctor for something like this. GL
    Anonymous

• If it is cloudy enough that you can tell it is cloudy in the toilet I would be concerned. Have her pee in a see-thru glass and her urine should be clear (see through) and clear in color to light yellow or yellow. If it's not she should have a urinalysis done.

Urine can be cloudy from crystals. One kind of crystals can be from having too much cow's milk in the diet. If you don't have health insurance and money is a problem, you might try stopping milk, stopping any vitamins, and increasing water and see if it makes any difference in the urine. Kids are only supposed to have 2 servings of cow's milk products a day and many kids have much more than that. There are many other kinds of crystals and some are symptomatic of serious problems.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I would call the pediatrician's office to be safe. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• call the doctor!!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009