CBS' 'Frosty the Inappropriate Snowman' Ad Riles Critics

REALLY??!!! THIS is CRAZY....

The video ad, "Frosty the Inappropriate Snowman," takes authentic dialogue from CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two and a Half Men" and dubs it on top of the cartoon classic, changing well-known "Frosty" scenes to contain suggestions that the snowman and his friends visit a "strip club."
The mash-up also discusses Frosty's "porn collection" and contains repeated mentions of prior sexual conquests.

This isnt cute OR funny or whatever they were going for. Is nothing sacred? Cant they leave kids stuff alone!? What do you think?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Wow, nothing is off limits anymore, even kids cartoons are getting messed over.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 5:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• If this is not being shown during the day when children can see it then no problem here. Honestly, people get too bent out of shape about silly things. If this is being played during the day when kids CAN see it then I can understand people being upset, but if the kids are asleep then what's the big deal?

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 5:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I was much more disturbed watching Bob Dole's Viagra commercial. His old butt getting an erection while watching Britney Spears (who was maybe 17/18 at the time) umm, that still gives me nightmares!

or Watching Miley Cyrus hump a stripper pole at the KIDS CHOICE AWARDS!!!! Very disturbing

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Exactly. If this is not during the times when kids are watching TV, then why get all upset? It is less offensive than the Viagra ads,for sure. And on the awards show when Miley Cyrus did the pole dance. Ughhh.
    WHy is it that so many of you Moms are always finding links to stories that you can be all in a tizzy about? EVerything is so negative! Everyone gets all uptight and Puritanical. Isn't there anything positive and uplifting you can write about?????
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Because it is wrong. It is wrong to take a childrens icon and use it for adult purposes. Its wrong. Seriously, some of you women amaze me. Anything goes for ya'll I guess. The Viagra ads were creepy and Miley did a sort of kida dance next to a pole...woohoo....Frosty is talking about strip clubs and PORN...no biggie. NOTHING is a biggie! I am not in a "tizzy" just because I point out that something is completely inappropriate.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Miley did a sort of kida dance next to a pole...woohoo....

LOL..No her nasty azz was grinding all up on that pole!! IN FRONT OF KIDS

Oh and FERGIE did something similiar on one of the morning shows...she rolled on the floor in front of kids about 8!!! GROSS

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• so long as its only shown after 9pm then i dont have a problem w/ it. Frosty is a cartoon character, nothing more. its not like they have Jesus or Mohammed up there talking about this stuff. have you ever seen the show Robot Chicken? the majority of the show is using classic kid icons in more adult ways (most recently Santa) & its hilarious. CBS is trying to appeal to the 18-35 year olds who watch shows like Family Guy & South Park in hopes that they will watch the classic C-mas shows. id actually like to see the ad so i can see just how "bad" it is.

so long as its not aimed at children or shown during the day when they could see it, i wouldnt be offended. but then my generation finds this kinda stuff to be hilarious...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• good grief. stupid humor.
    Anonymous

• I understand that this "ad" is ONLY on CBS' WEBSITE, and not on TV.

Personally I think it's just a tasteless and stupid ad, but since it's not being shown on TV (and least as of yet), I really don't see what the big deal is.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2009