Single momma with no car...18 month old dd who is getting bored...temperatures in the mid 30's...what can we do for entertainment??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Bundle her up and take her for a walk. Just make sure to keep it under 45 minutes. I took my kids for a walk this morning (it was around 27 degrees out) with our new dog and I lost my phone. :( I went searching for it and my 17 month old was crying after about an hour of being outside because his legs were cold.
    Fresh Beat Band, on Nick, really keeps my son entertained. If you don't have cable, I am sure you can google it and watch it with her online.
    You can make playdough. Put one cup flour, 1/2 cup salt, and one packet of Kool-Aid in a bowl. Boil one cup water and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. When it is boiling, add the dry stuff and stir until it makes a ball. Let it cool and kneed it until it is ready to be played with. :) It doesn't taste good, but it is non-toxic. :)
    Get an empty box so she can climb in it.
    Have her stack a few tuna cans (My son entertained himself with this for 20 minutes yesterday).
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• dance with her - put on Christmas music, pick her up and dance and sing with her in your arms

read to her

block stacking and knocking over

maybe invite someone else over who has a kid her age

is there snow? bundle her up and go outside

teach her how to make more noise LOL pots, pans, oatmeal tubs with rice/beans inside and lid glued on tight (shake it up)

finger paint with pudding
    Anonymous

• I agree with the dancing part. Color with her. Put her in the tub with some toys and play with her. Build a tent with blankets and chairs. Fill the sink with water and bubbles and let her play with bowls, cups and spoons. Give each other "makeovers."
    Anonymous

• Balloons and a laundry basket.........take it from there. The other day we played a game. Try to bounce the balloon into the laundry basket but dont use your hands!! lol
    Look up laughing babies on YouTube! Our favorite.
    Play drums on pots and pans and crank up that radio.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Go for walks. Take a bus ride.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Bundle her up and play outside. Take a bus ride, go for a walk.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009