Has anyone ever had pink urine? May be TMI

I just literally scared the crap out of myself. I just found out over a week ago I was pregnant. And so my nerves are high waiting to get my ultrasound done Thursday. I ate beets for lunch today, alot of them. I just went to the bathroom. Well when I wiped I saw pink. So I looked in the toilet and saw pink. I forgot I had eaten beets. I was about ready to call the doctor and started crying. Yes my emotions are high right now too. I thought jeez I've had a MC before and had pain with it. There was NO pain. Well I calmed down for a minute and said my goodness I ate beets today. I forgot that can change the color of your urine so I am not going to eat anymore beets till after my ultrasound thursday. I was really scared. Has anyone ever had pink urine? What other foods or beverages may change the color of urine? Thanks!!!!

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I saw your question, before I clicked to see you elaborate, I said "She ate beets."

Malaria medicines can turn pee pink, red, blue, or green depending on the type. Sometimes, public toilets have a chemical in them that will react with some pee. My prenatal vits make my pee very light neon green-- they have a lot of chlorophyll and vit Bs.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• lol....I did the EXACT same thing. lol

ate a ton of beets and then freaked out.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• it can happen with drinks that have a lot of red coloring in them. When I was little, a friend drank red Kool-Aid and thought she peed blood. I bet if you googled "foods that change the color of your urine" you'd get a good list so you don't have a heart attack next time! Glad to know it was something minor!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I had urine once that looked like cherry koolaid. I felt fine and had no pain, but called our hospital's nurses line for advice. They told me to get to the ER right away. After waiting in the ER a couple of hours, the pain kicked in as did the fever. I had kidney stones and a severe kidney infection in both kidneys. I will never forget the pain. It was horrible.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes when I was a fairy princess I peed pink! Ha!Ha!Ha! Okay now seriously,yes I did, from fruit punch.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I had pink pee when I was about 12 weeks along. I was so scared I called the doctor. They wanted to see me, so I went in and I had a bacterial infection in my bladder that was causing me to have blood in my urine, and was actually harmful to the baby.
    MommaRikard

Answer by MommaRikard at 12:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2009