How hard is it to make a quilt out of your child's old baby clothes?

My son is 2 and I was holding on to his clothes just in case I had another baby boy. This time around it's a girl, so I am wanting to do something special with his old baby clothes. I was thinking of trying to make a blanket out of them. But, I don't want to cut them all up only to discover I'm in over my head. So, how hard is it to make a quilt? Thanks so much!

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It's easier if you use clothes that are similar fabric. It would be hard to combine newborn knits with denim. I think it would be hard and he wouldn't understand enough to appreciate it. Others may have other thoughts.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• honestly if you know how to sew you can use anything to make a quilt its not hard. he may not get the jist now but you will and its more for your own piece of mind. if you do have like heavier fabrics i would but them on the outside with a softer fabric underneath and put them towards the middle.
    audreyhv6207

Answer by audreyhv6207 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2009