dont you hate people who act like they need to save the world?

these people who go with people who are "broken" so they feel needed or wanted and act like they are the ones who is the saint and know it all...i know someone who is with a guy who is adrunk and acts like a 2 yr old and he is 60, when he doesnt get his way he trows a tantrum and blames everyone esle for his problems. and his girlfriend goes out of her way to protect him even if it " steps on the other persons toes" or make them uncomfortable....
or the ones who make excuses for their abusive husband/bf...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yep,they ended up being used by the person there trying to help. I know a girl that married a guy who had been in prison,he told her about his abusive childhood etc. He uses her,she has bought him so much stuff and does everything for him and he does nothing for her.
    dayann

Answer by dayann at 5:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Well, i try not to "HATE" anyone, cause there is enough of that in the world... I did have a friend who dated a guy who was far beneath her though... She was smart, beautiful, sweet and talented... This guy was so incapable of functioning on even a basic level. He wasn't abusive, but my God, he couldn't hold down the most entry level job. He could hardly hold a normal conversation... Now that I look back, he may have had untreated ADD or something... Not that I'm big on rampant diagnosis of that kind of thing, but really, the guy was way out there and disfucntional, but she was with him for years. I distanced myself from them, so far as I know, they are still together... I guess she needed someone to take care of??
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Not to be rude but that's her choice and it shouldn't bother you. There are all types of things "wrong"with all of us. We are all human and come with our own sets of issues. Yes I know people like this but I feel as if they are searching for their self worth be saving others and are heartbroken when it doesn't work.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Sorry lol by saving others...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• i know its my business but its hard to ignore it when a friend has a pitty party everytime i talk to her....it drives me nuts
    Anonymous

• I hear ya! I used to get the same way. But I have learned over time that I have to allow others to think act and feel the way they choose and to make their own mistakes too. It's really hard to do huh?! I started changing the subject when they start in about it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Have you ever been in a abusive relationship? My exhusband was abusive to me. He left me with no self esteem. They want to control you. I did not make excuses for him. It is not wasy to leave especially when you had a 14 month old and a 3year old at the time. Unless you go through pure hell like dd please do not be so quick to judge.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2009