I still feel like sex is a sin...

Since I have repented, and called out that Jesus is my savior, and I am married, I still feel like I am sinning when my DH and I have sex. I guess it's because I still hold the guilt for not waiting for my DH, even though he and I had premarital sex...

Help! I need some support here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is a guilt that is real and there is a guilt that is false. If I were in your situation, I would get a pencil and a piece of paper. I would go before the Lord and confess everything you feel guilty about to Him. Ask Him to forgive you of all of it. Write it all down and date it. After you have done that, every time you have a thought of anything that you have already confessed, refer to your little piece of paper and say out loud, on such and such a date, that was taken care of. If you will consistently do that, after a while, you will stop thinking about those things.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Pray and ask God to forgive your sin of fornication and ask God to renew your mind and restore right thinking about the marriage bed. This is Satan using guilt to harm your marriage. Keep in touch with God on the matter and evil will flee. Read the Song of Songs. God bless!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• It is a sin unless you are trying to have a baby! Sex should never be solely for your pleasure.
    Anonymous

• AWE HON, If you have truly repented of your sins accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior old things have passed away and you become a new creature and everything that you have done against God is forgiven. God is awesome when He forgives you he never brings it up again it is washed from his memory,true forgiveness. If there is somebody in your life that has hurt you so horribly and you haven't truly forgiven, ie never bring it up again let them know you have forgiven them and truly forgiven them in your heart God cannot forgive you. You have a chip on your shoulder and you become bitter. I don't know if this is something you struggle with but if it is then it may be the reason you feel this way
    Anonymous

• Until I truly forgave my uncle who molested me when I was 5 and DH for cheating on me, I felt like God wouldn't forgive me for all of the horrible things that I have done to Him. You have to truly forgive others to understand God's awesome forgiveness.

as for sex w/DH there is no sin in that because Within the bounds of marriage sex is beautiful sacred and pure
    Anonymous

• http://www.allaboutfollowingjesus.org/gods-forgiveness.htm
    Anonymous

• It's a common phenomena for believing girls to have what's sometimes referred to as "the good girl syndrome" where they have a hard time transitioning from "sex is a sin" to "sex is really good in my marriage."

So #1, know that you're normal.

#2 be open to your husband about how you're feeling, so he doesn't just feeling like your being icy or distant because you don't like him.

#3 take some time praying and looking up scriptures about marriage, and even talking things out with the leader of your congregation.

Embracing sex in marriage, probably won't come all at once, but if will come if you dedicate yourself to it.

best wishes - from a girl who's been there.
    Anonymous

• If you have asked God to forgive you of your pre-marital sex, try not to worry about it anymore --- you are forgiven :)"they become a new creation; the old things pass away and new things come" (2 Corinthians 5:17).
    What makes you think that sex within marriage is wrong? You know, I used to think that too...but I never knew why! I believe sex is wonderful and not sinful if it is between a husband and wife, God made it and not just to have babies...he made it pleasurable for you and your husband. It is a bonding like no other for you and your husband, yes physically obviously but also spiritually and emotionally. One of the things God says in the first few chapters of Gen. is that a man shall cleave to his wife and they shall become one flesh, you need sex to create that relationship and that bond that is meant to be between husband and wife.
    Cont...
    Anonymous

• ...cont:
    In Gen 1:28 (?) God says to go forward and be fruitful (how can we be fruitful without sex?) and in verse 31 it says: God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. Sex is a creation of God and he calls it good…there is no sin in sex within marriage, if it were sinful God would not have called it good. And please, do not think you can only have sex to have children…husband and wife are to bond, cleave to each other and be one flesh…and enjoy it.
    Anonymous

THE BIBLE NEVER SAID THIS AND I WOULD REALLY HATE TO BE YOUR HUSBAND
    Anonymous