1yr Old and Still Drinking Formula?

I went to my WIC appt. and I was expecting for my daughter to start on her reg milk, but to my suprise Im still getting Formula. Does it affect her in anyway drinking formula insted of reg milk

MilaMommy

Asked by MilaMommy at 5:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not at all. babies can drink formula forever if they wanted. ive never heard of formula after two. i believe with WIC
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• they start milk at 18 months. maybe sooner, but i know not at 1 year exactly.
    (sorry, idk what happened there. didnt mean for two different posts.)
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Has her Dr told you to put her on cows milk yet? I don't know maybe it was a misunderstanding? Did you ask them if she should be getting regular milk instead of formula?
    Anonymous

• Yeah because I dont think they would've done this without a reason, Im thinking it might be because my daughter is only 19 lbs
    MilaMommy

Answer by MilaMommy at 6:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Formula is easier to digest. It's normal for a girl to weigh 19 pounds at 12 months. You don't say how many months she is.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• mine were weaned from formula to milk at around 12 months. it took a while to wean them off the formula because of milk sensitivities but by 18 months they were drinking milk.

I don't think weight has anything to do with it....my oldest was 22lbs at 12mo, middle was 16lbs at 12mo, and youngest 20lbsat 12mo.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• well shes 13 months, so IDK i still feel so new to this mommy job
    MilaMommy

Answer by MilaMommy at 6:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Nope, won't harm her or affect her negatively. My son had to stay on formula til he was 15 months due to low iron - WIC orders. They usually start kids on milk at the next appointment after they turn 1.
    Anonymous

• Is she eating a balanced diet of table foods? If not, that's probably why she's still on it.

Other than that....ask the idiots at WIC.
    Anonymous

• She will be fine, if you start them on milk too early they could get allergies, I did that with my first, I got him on milk at 12 months and he had to spend some time on soy and lactose free because he developed an allergy. Its always harder with the first, you learn as you go
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 7:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009