I MARRIED THE WRONG MAN!!

Ok, so that was to catch you all and get you to read this.

My bff and her LTBF got married in a hurry a few months ago. She had been with him for 5 years, and was going to leave him to take a new job 2 hrs from home. He told her he wanted to get married before she dumped him, and therefore, they went, 3 days later, to be married.

Now she's saying she regrets it. She is Christian, he is not. She works 2, sometimes 3 jobs to make their bills while he stays home. He IS lazy, he acknowledges this, but there is no way of insulting his manhood... he just flat doesn't care.

She's regretting marrying him, and I'm trying to give her solid advice, she's wanting a baby sooooo bad, to either try to handle it and reach a reasonable compromise they can BOTH live with, or leave before they do have a baby and she feels obligated. (neither of us are against single parents, GFY!)

HELP!!!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 6:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, if she regrets it, then she shouldn't have a baby. Bad Idea.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I agree with first post. NO baby!!! LEAVE HIM!!! Help her find a new man =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Be careful how much advice you give and what you say. It could come back and bite you. I understand you want her happy but sometimes depending on what happens, they can blame you for leaning one way or the other. They need some serious counseling. There is no happy ending to this story.
    Anonymous

• This is what I feared... i have tried to limit anything i say, and mainly pose questions as to what she has thought about to fix the problem... i just fear i'm going to lean one way or the other because she is CONSTANTLY prying!

Ugh, i want to cry, for her!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Sometimes we make mistake. Leave before more mistakes are made.

I have a lazy son. He does have an excuse. He was in a bad auto accident and had brain damage. He wasn't able to finish college and just hasn't had the desire to have a career. When he does work it's just for a paycheck.

He found a girlfriend that really seems to not care. She is almost done with nursing school and he stays home and cooks and keeps the apartment nice. He does that very well. He treats women great. She wants a career. They both don't want children.

It doesn't sound like she and her lazy husband have worked things out so well.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• my sis has a boyfriend, her and her boyfriend used to work to pay the bills, they defenitly need the work to make ends meet especially when they have 3 kids.why arent they married, you ask? cause she cant commit unless everything is perfect and her way, which in turn she will never be married with that attitude, but not my choice. anyway, he got fired, now she only works, they are barely making it, i bet they have to end up short on some bills.

He knows he needs to find a job and she constantly is on his ass about it and they both are at eah other's necks constantly because of his loss of job, she keeps giving off this vibe she really hates him and rubs his loss of job in his face all the time.

i say...HE NEEDS A JOB before they decide to have kids, they will still be the way they are if he does make her happy and lets her have children.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2009