VBAC

Ok, so I just found out Im pregnant again, Im kinda worried but not scared, Anyway. I had a C-section with my Daughter tho I personally thought it was unessesary, but Dr decided to go the "easy" way. Well that was 13 Months ago now with this baby I want to try for normal delivery, I was in sooo much Pain after the C-section, I felt useless I was hard for me to get around with my newborn plus I was lacking some major sleep since i couldnt lay sideways, So has anyone had a VBAC if so what did u do to prepare your body for it, and was it hard for your doctor to be ok with your wish? I heard a lot of dr prefer not to go for a trial labor.

MilaMommy

Asked by MilaMommy at 6:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are things you can do to better your chances for a VBAC. For example:

Your care provider (who you hire makes a big difference, if you hire a surgeon to attend your birth you're much more likely to have a surgical birth).
    Your birth location (going to a place like a hospital where birth is typically viewed as a illness increases your chances for a surgical delivery).
    Your preparation (reading the right materials to become self-educated, strong, and confident are extremely important! As well as classes, videos, support groups).
    Your support team (those who help you must understand your preferences and be familiar with the many ways to help you towards success).

Most women are safe to deliver vaginally after a cesarean delivery. If you are healthy enough then you have new challenges... but they are do-able and a vaginal delivery IS achievable!
    (*I can share lots of info, just let me know...)

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• There are rules about how close pregnancies can be together for a VBAC. Your pregnany may be too soon since giving birth. Some hospitals don't do VBACs at all. These are important things to find out about before thinking about a VBAC.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I had a uterine surgery and this is my first pregnancy. I'm being seen by a midwife. I am drinking raspberry tea to tone my uterus. She told me walking every day after 20 weeks is a requirement of minimal exercise. I'm doing 2 days of prenatal swim class and 1 day of yoga and 1 day pilates (until they kick me out bc I'm too pregnant) and then SO and I go to the gym together. We have a really nice YMCA.

She told me it's all about my muscles being in good shape. I have to watch my diet. Tons of water.

I have a back-up if I need a c-section, which I won't.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Just in case of c-section though...not to discourage you obviously, but the second time around with c sections they aren't as bad, and you recover A LOT faster...
    1st one was at least a 6wk recovery and 2nd one was 2wk maximum...so don't think it'll be AS bad the second time around!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 6:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I actually noticed it with my niece she had a baby about a month and a half ago a 2nd C-section and she was up and running behind her 3yrd by the 2nd week
    MilaMommy

Answer by MilaMommy at 6:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2009