Agnostic seeking answers...

I was raised going to church every Sunday and memorizing bible verses but as a teen I started questioning everything I had been taught about religion. I researched some other religions and didn't find one that I truelly believed so I classify myself an Agnostic. Now, I find myself searching for something to believe in, again. I would like to ask everybody who truelly believes in their religion.... Why? What makes you believe in your religion? How do you know it's real? How do you know that other religions are wrong? I'm just curious and hope these questions don't start any fights on here. Please, be considerate of the other people that may answer this question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have always called myself Christian, just because that was what was expected of me if I wanted to feel accepted. However, I have since felt the overwhelming weight of the spirit, and realized that I have been called to God. I'm a liberal pentacostal now, and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I was at church (as much as i regret saying it) with my (now) DH and it just hit me. I felt the presence of God, and there's no way to describe the way I felt. What really added to it was when DH and I were staying with my MIL, the evil resonating in her house literally chased me from the bathroom. I have no other way of describing it. I believe in it because of the power I have felt myself, the things I've witnessed happening to others, and I know it's real and there because I can honestly FEEL it.

I do not dare say my religion is right and everyone else is wrong, because each person is allowed their own beliefs, but I pray for
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• those who do not believe Jesus is the savior, just because my heart knows that's the truth.

If you're interested, or need to talk, PM me.

I converted from Baptist to Pentacostal, which is a MAJOR change in styles of praise and worship.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I don't consider to be religious, just a personal relationship with the Lord, I have had too many experiences to not believe in God, Have felt His power, and presence, I was searching to believe in something, and God is real, His word is true.
    Anonymous

• This will make you believe:

PEPPERMINT COOKIES!

1/2 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened

3 tablespoons flour
    1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
    1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
    Directions
    1In a large mixing bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until smooth. Divide the dough in half and mix the food coloring in to one portion.
    2Shape 1 teaspoon of each color dough into 6 inch ropes. Place the ropes side by side, press together, and lightly twist.
    3Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve into a candy cane shape. Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
    4Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks.
    Anonymous

• i don't have'a religon i just belive that something greater than us made us, any1 who lives'a "good" life will b happy in their after life.........i hope.........i don't really know.....sorry guess i'm no help
    DM-dreamgirl

Answer by DM-dreamgirl at 6:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• i want to come back to this question later.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

Me too I am a Born again Christian and I have no religion God actually hates religion because so many people follow their religion trying to find God and the Bible doesn't say that your church is a mediator between God and Man the only Jesus Christ is a mediator between God and man. I am a Christian because of my Faith and God demonstrates His Love towards me Daily. He is amazing
    Anonymous

• I was raised Christian but I always had doubts and was confused most of the time. I knew I believed in God though...I can't explain why, but I have never doubted God. I didn't feel that Christianity was right so I looked into pretty much every religion I could think of and new one I had learned about and still nothing felt right. I then began studying Judaism. I had been around Judaism a little growing up because my dad was Jewish, he just didn't practice. I began to learn from Jewish sources and it all just made sense to me and I truly felt God. There is so much wonderful things about Judaism that people do not know or learn, especially from the Christian perspective. Did you know that Jews believe that non-Jews will have a place in the world to come as children of God? Did you know that reincarnation is also accepted and overall everything I had ever felt in my heart to be true is accepted in Judaism.~Justme

Anonymous

• I'm Roman Catholic Christian.

I believe people are either open to the gift of faith or they're not. It's a choice. A free gift, offerred to all people.

Things I believe are based on faith and personal experience (some of which I prefer to keep to myself since it's very personal). Some things I just knew.

I've asked a lot of questions. I've also looked at other faiths, but I always felt the Roman Catholic Church was the right place to be. Other people don't think that way and that's their decision. Everyone has to make a choice.

Either you accept the gift of faith and make a choice, or you decide you won't and then leave it go.

Jesus said "Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be open to you." If your heart is truly open, then all you need do is ask.

MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Wow, only Christian-like people responded to this? I consider myself a goddess-worshipper, or a Pagan. To me, whoever created the world HAD to be female, I mean, women give birth, women carry the child in their womb, women raise the children and guide them. How could such a force be male when males are to provide but not create? I don't believe that my religion is right over another, or that I am truly the only religion. I think it's all a way of explaining what we can't understand. Religion was created out of fear, and we turned that fear into many aspects. There's a really good website that has a list of a TON of religions, and you can look through and see which one actually fits how you feel. http://www.religioustolerance.org/ AND http://www.religionfacts.com/big_religion_chart.htm Good luck on your personal quest! I hope you find the religion that truly fits you.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2009