(vent) i am scared..and no doctor will see me because of my stupid insurance...this is soo stupid..does no one care that my unborn child could die? GRRR!!

i found out i was pregnant last month...soon a few days after taking a home test i started bleeding..in the er i was told i had a hemorrhage in pregnancy....ended back in the er 3 days later with pain that was doubling me over and bleeding twice as heavy as a period. they told me i was miscarrying and put me on rest for 5 days..after the bleeding stopped and i returned to work i was there for 2 hours and started to hurt again...went to the only doctor in town that was open..(the day after thanksgiving) they sent me back to the er....there i was told i had not miscarried but in fact my hcg level had more than doubled from the visit 6 days prior...i have been trying soo hard to get an ob to see me since. but since every time i try to work i start bleeding again and hurting. my bf insists on me staying home and resting...he works two jobs and is more than confident and willing to pick up the slack until i am capable (his idea)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is there more? What about your insurance? Why won't any doctor see you? There seems to be missing information.
    Anonymous

• i would stay home and rest. a doctor WILL see you. Next time you have to go to the ER, tell them your issue. They should be able to refer you to a doctor that takes your insurance. Until then, i would keep calling around. Call your insurance company. They should be able to refer you to an OB in your area that takes your insurance. I hope everything goes well!! Keep us updated!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Most doctors do not refuse to see someone who is pregnant due to the insurance. I am sure that some doctor in your area will accept you. I don't understand what you question even is.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you have been seeing doctors in the ER. I hope your insurance covers that, it is very expensive.

Usually there is nothing that can be done if a woman is going to miscarry. Sometimes hormones can help. Some women have immune problems. Where I've been a patient they don't start doing anything about immune problems until you have had several miscarriages.

I'm so sorry.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• CONT....so since i have not been working but here and there my insurance (thru my job) is sooo screwing me over. my doctor wont see me because even tho my premium have been paid the corporate office puts a few days hold on it and the health ins company show i have not paid..when it goes thru (after i cancel my apointment) i call to reschedule only to recieve a call today from the dr office saying that payment will only be good until this friday and my apt is on monday. i am soooo upset and mad...they told me to try medicaid. (at this point i have no choice because a private ins would consider me pre existing) so i go and apply and they said it would be at least 20 days...i am soo scared and mad...i am thankful for my bf...who even offered to pay cash on the day of the visit in full just to get me in there and get checked...but no they still wont see me...today was the first day i was on my feet for a while since..(CONT)
    Anonymous

• The health dept can tell you where to go and get pre-natal care with your insurance. They might send you to a high risk clinic but you'd get the care you need. Just call them

Answer by admckenzie at 7:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• The only thing I have to say is that most doctors will not prevent a miscarriage if the fetus is not viable. From what you posted, it doesn't sound like you are far enough (20 weeks) for the fetus to be viable out of the womb.
    Anonymous

• CONT..(.i didnt miscarry)....i am still very pregnant. any ways....we went christmas shopping today for our two kids....and was only on my feet for a few hours...just walking..i come home to find spotting again....sp back on the couch i go....i am soo frustrated why after paying on my ins for almost a year and never using it till this past month why wont they let me see a doctor..why wont the drs let us pay cash...why does no one care about the health of my child..i am soo frustrated...and scared....i am unable to work or go to school at this point....i am at home twittling my thumbs because i cant even stand long enough to clean my house with out starting to spot...what can i do..i am sooo sorry for this being so long i am soo upset....
    Anonymous

• It doesnt sound like a doctor wont see you... it sounds like you cant afford to see a doctor. I did not have insurance when I got pregnant with my son, nor did I qualify for medicaid, so I had to pay out of pocket to see the doctor.

There is a HUGE difference between a doctor not seeing you because of your insurance and you not being able to see a doctor because you dont have active insurance.

Why cant you pay cash at the doctors offices? I Have never heard of that before! Yeah you have to pay it right there on the spot but you should be able to pay it. Where do you live? I am sure one of us can call around to docs in your area and find one that will gladly accept cash, after all... they get more billing you privately than they get through an insurance company
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• If you have private insurance, you most likely wont qualify for Medicaid. Medicaid is for people who are unable to obtain insurance
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2009