What type of sling should I get?

I had a sling for my last baby and a baby carrier with the first two. I didn't like the type of sling I had and I liked the baby carriers even less!
For all the happy baby wearing mommas out there, what sling do you recommend?

DayDaysmom19

Asked by DayDaysmom19 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Everyone will be different. I love my pouch... but not everyone does. What did you have last time?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 8:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I don't remember what it was called, but it had the rails in it, which I didn't like.
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I have a sleepy wrap, well me and two of my sisters and we all love them! Theyre so comfy and easy to clean and after putting it on a couple of times its super easy to put on too. I hate the infantino carrier.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I had a wrap - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!! check www.mamatoto.org for more babywearing info....

I have worn my now 3 year old in the wrap since she was 5weeks old. (mine was a hoppediz wrap) - I still wear her for long walks/hikes - we camp a lot.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• There's a mom here on CafeMom that makes them. They are super high quality, beautiful, and completely adjustable for any size mom and baby. I bought one from her and just got it in last week and LOVE it. Check out her website here.  I don't know her at all, I just love her wraps!

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Definetly go with a WRAP!! Grayce LOVES hers. It took a few tries to get used to it and perfect it but now I don't think twice about it...I leave it in the same position to carry her forward, backward, and breastfeeding...I even leave it while driving and put her back in when i'm where i need to be. I do have an infintio carrier for before i go the hang of tying the wrap and it was so "big and hard" to do at first but Grayce cried in it and never stayed sound asleep. Now she does in her WRAP.

I use the Moby wrap and got it for $40, I've also heard great reviews on the sleepy wrap. The other wraps made on websites are all the same...I watched videos and they all are tied and worn the same way. So which ever one you choose is up to you but go for the wrap.
    GwynethsMommy

Answer by GwynethsMommy at 11:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2009