does it drive you crazy when your DH or So comes home and does absolutly nothing but plop in front of the TV for some intimate time with ESPN!!!

i feel like screaming!!! he hasnt said more than two words to me other than "is dinner ready".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope, sorry, I can't say that my Hubby does that. He came home from being gone 6 weeks, we went x-mas shopping, and rebuilt the engine on our sons dirtbike,changed the oil on both vehicles, and winterized them. Worked on his big truck, hung a shelf for me in our laundry room, and took us wheelin in our jeep. He makes a list while he's gone and gets it done when he's home. Our boys call him Mr fixit,lol.. I don't know what I would do if I saw him plop in front of the TV, I would probably think he was ill,lolol.. Oh and that was all done in less than a week. I'm very thankful for my Hubby!
    Maybe ask Hubby if he would mind if you made a list and offer to help him with it..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• ESPN is better than the military and science repeats on PBS
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• It doesn't bother me. He works all day, I understand that...and I like him to relax.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No. I do that sometimes. Well, I don't watch ESPN, but I zone out with something else. My husband doesn't say anything to me when I do it, so I don't say anything to him when he needs to do the same thing.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No, my hubby works graveyard shift and ususlly comes home and goes to bed and he doesn't watch ESPN, unless there's a rodeo on. He works hard so I wouldn't really care if he did do that.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 9:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• It doesn't right now because he doesn't get home until 7pm. He works out of town and has a 2 hour commute (if the traffic is good) so he leaves at 5am and gets home after 7pm. He puts the kids to bed and I'm basically wiped out from dealing with them all day and just want to be left alone.
    But it bugged the hell out of me when he worked in town. He'd get home at 1pm and then sit around the house in his ratty old underwear all day, doing nothing. On his days off all he does is watch TV, play video games of play on the computer (while watching TV so no one else can use the TV) from the moment he gets up until he goes to bed. He ignores the kids when they are around or makes them go to their room because they bug him and doesn't help with any chores. He's like a 33yo child. He's actually worse then the kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No but it pisses me off that he promised since last christmas to fix the lights on my pre lit tree and it is up again this yr still half lit.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I give him time to relax before I pounce on him and blabber on about the day.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I think if he's worked all day he should be able to come home and relax. Don't be such a shrew.
    SarahBethK

Answer by SarahBethK at 4:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2010